Sunday, May 06, 2007

One Bottle of Merlot at L'Incontro

Friday was a quite a busy day in the office. I started surfing the wave of work and it kept my hands tied till about 5pm. Instead of our usual lunch out, we just bought food at Nanay Q (food stall in front of the Robinson's Grocery).

I usually like to eat a good meal every Friday. I'm glad my rendezvous with Keysi later that evening did not disappoint. Keyce, who just came from Bora, requested that we NOT eat at the mall. Hehe. So we found ourselves scouring Jupiter for a decent, sort-of-fine-dining place. We took a turn (I forget the name of the street), and we saw this Italian resto which looked pretty reputable. L'Incontro.

The ambience was pretty nice! There were only three other occupied tables when we arrived (which was close to 11pm). I looked over the wine list and asked Keyce if we could order a bottle of wine. And we did! Haha.

The waiters brought us a bread basket first.



The bottle of Merlot soon came. And we finished our first basket, along with our first glass. Hehe. The wine was pretty good! It had a sweet taste, and it didn't leave a bitter after taste (well, not much).




I ordered the Gnocchi with Parma Ham. White sauce pasta and red wine. Hehe. Not exactly a match made in heaven, but anything with red wine works for me! Haha!



Keysi ordered the seafood pasta, which the waiter said was one of the specialties of the house. She wanted it spicy. But nothing (except for some dishes we've had in Thailand) is ever spicy enough for my chili-tongued friend.



Culinary discovery of the day.... slice of bread, butter (which is still kinda cold and not melted), and marinara sauce. Yum!



Here's how the resto looks. Tall ceilings. Nice lighting. Hmmm... I would classify it as a possible date place. I found out later that the resto is more than a decade old!




What amazed us that night though was the fact that we finished the bottle of wine we ordered! Just me and Keyce! Imagine that. It was a good tasting wine. We were in the mood, and chatty. Thank you St. Michael the Archangel for guiding me home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home