Saturday, June 02, 2007

D Gang Reunited

Thanks to the Elmers glue which binds us together, Jan Sy, for organizing the first of D Gang get together this 2007! Dinner and coffee with Jan, Tom, Marian, Lea, Boom, Winston, and Mike Pangs, was a nice way to wrap up the busy friday. I was late, as usual! Wins lost a lot of weight and Jan's cute bow was a huge hit. Hehe.









We had dinner at Mr. Rockefeller then coffee at Segafredo. The batteries of Papa's digicam died just before Marian could take my picture with the boys. Deng. Jan shared her Sydney adventures! It was nice to reminisce about Oporto, Circular Quay, and Hunter Valley. She and I agree that Australians are pretty cool! Quite laid back. Mike Pangs also shared some inside info about his wedding (which I simply raved about). Gosh... more weddings in the pipeline! Wins is getting hitched this July 8, and Lea on March 8. We started planning a long weekend vacay in Davao for Lea's wedding!

The stars were just aligned because I saw Bibay and Erik at Segafredo! We did a little hanging out ourselves after I said good bye to D Gang.

Another Friday highlight... Makati-wide simultaneous fireworks display! The guys pulled all the shades up in my corner cubicle (which I will soon bid adieu to). The display lasted for a good twenty minutes! Of course, I was just smiling to myself while watching the spectacle in the dark evening sky. Haha. Fireworks have a special place in Schmenten's heart. Couldn't help but recall the July 4, 2001 Fireworks display in Illinois. Haha. The best! I must say, one of the most romantic moments ever. Haha. Thank you, Miguel Tres.

Still have that Cafe Americano buzz. I'm happy I found a way to scan the pics for Kuya Lan and Monina's AVP without having to install the HP scanning software. Proof of concept tomorrow. Haha. While on the subject of wedding prep, I'm super happy I finally got to talk to Edgar the make-up artist! After three days of harrassing the Jesi Mendez receptionist. I've booked him! Champion. I just need to iron out the package.

Tomorrow, we'll be picking Chris, my balikbayan cousin, up in Balayan, Batangas. We don't have any specific plans for him yet. But I'd like to take him around the metro and show him what Manila has to offer.

Okie... Nuff blogging for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home