Monday, June 11, 2007

Family Weekend

Thank God for the long weekend!

I was on leave last Friday for Kuya Lan's wedding. I think i had about 45 minutes of sleep Friday early morning. Cram to nth degree. i was finishing up the AVP, making the handouts for my production assistants, and just trying to make sense of things. Haha. I am pretty fortunate that (A) confirmed guests were less than 200, 160 to be exact (B) Carol and Lencx were in my team (C) Chris was there to help me with the technical aspect of the AVP (D) Despite some minor glithces, everything went as planned.




After the wedding, Mitchie and I got to talking... and nabitin kami sa chika time. So we decided we were old enough not be be self-conscious about hanging out at Starbucks Alabang in our orange gowns. Hehe. And that we did. We talked about so many things. Family stuff. Relationships. Life. Just like we do every year (Holy Week). This time around though, we didn't have any candles, nor were we on a two hour walk. Haha. Mitchie's my oldest friend and it's interesting how the stuff she says really makes me think. She and I share a passion for our MacBooks. Haha. Hers, she says, is "libagin" now. Hehe!



When I got home from the wedding Friday evening, I was knocked out. And awake at past ten a.m. Saturday. Gosh. Half of Saturday I was just asleep, recuperating from the exhausting Friday. Tonton took the reigns in planning for the gimik with Chris and Edward. I was in and out of slumber, up and about finally at 9 p.m. We went to Gweilo's MOA and then to Music 21 in Jupiter.



Gosh, these guys are such a crazy bunch. Thanks again to my oldest god son, Gelo, for all the witty hirits. It was Lance and Yssa's debut in the gimik scene. We got home at 4 a.m, stopping by FIC for some ice cream on our way home.

Sunday, I slept until 11 AM. I had a movie date with the girls at Casa Marias at 2. I swung by Conti's for some garlic bread. I brought about 12 movies! Haha. Ina wanted to see "Jaws", surprisingly, because she's sort of a scardy cat for suspenseful movies. It was my first time seeing this Speilberg classic. And wow! what talent. He was super young back then. Anyway, we saw two other movies after "Jaws". "Legally Blond" and Alfonso Cuaron's "A Little Princess". Highlight of my Sunday though... Ate Love's Baked Spaghetti. I've been dreaming about this pasta dish for year now. And it was well worth the wait. Paired with a tall glass of iced Coca-Cola. Wow.

I think I may have gained 5 pounds this weekend. All the eating and sleeping. I hope the exhausting Friday bought me some allowance.

It's been such a family-oriented weekend. And it's been good. I was telling Ate Love that seeing her girls grow up and our closeness really make leaving so difficult. How will I stand not seeing them for years?? :( Poo... We both agreed though that living in the Philippines is irreplaceable. I love the laid back lifestyle here. And all the peeps who make weekends and special occasions truly special.

Random thoughts train... I've been sharing with Mitchie, Ate Love, and Ate Gret, that studying and staying both have their pros and cons. Both with great opportunities. As of now, I think it's a really close tie. I do have a couple of things in mind which may make leaving or staying the more obvious choice. Hehe. But that has not revealed itself to me. I'm in no hurry to find out either (although there are times that I feel anxious). For now, steady sailing on Mikey's "Steady Lamig". It might be a a toss between not being ready, or the more obvious nothing there at all. Oh well.

I feel fortunate to have such supportive and loving relatives. We're always there for each other, and they're always rooting for me. It's easy to share musings and stories with them because of they have a sense of history. I don't need to explain some things to them. They just understand. Our family's pretty special, and i've always been proud to be part of it. I think a large part of who I am is because of my family.

Naks. Dramatic, thoughtful moment back there. Haha.

We have Lola's birthday party to start planning for. It's this August and we have yet to finalize a theme. We're going to make sure that one is a blast.

*****

Okie... So Monday today. Holiday! Coincidentally, both in Aussie and in Manila. I spoke with Ceasar last night and he shared the horrors of the 7.1 implementation. My heart went out to all of them who slaved away this weekend. Deng. Ceasar's stories explain Mike's " =( " reply to my text message, "How's the implementation going?" Wawa. Haaay. I wonder when our project's going to catch a break. It's been non-stop booboos. Everybody's working hard, spreading themselves thinly, and sacrificing so much of their personal time. Haaaay.

So what to do today?? I would like a massage. A visit to the parlor. Some room organizing activity. And maybe another nappie? Hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home