Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday Proposal

Highlight of my day! Of my week, actually!! My very good friends officially became engaged today. And I was there when it officially happened! It was so sweet. He started the conversation with a seemingly innocent question, "How much is an engagement ring?" After some exchange about the price range, karats, which finger to put it on, white golds, etc. He turned to my friend, his girlfriend, and said, "Would you wear it if it's yellow gold?" My friend said, "Of course!" And then he brought out this diamond studded band and put it on her finger. Us girls were more incredulous at first. And it was a series of "Awwwwww"s and "Are you serious?!" It was super sweet. Tis a first for me! To see a proposal (or an engagement finally becoming official). I guess what makes it doubly special is this guy and this girl... I've been a personal witness to their relationship. From the time when they were still "friends", when they waded in the pool of "Pede, we can probably be more than friends",and then when they became a couple. Nakaaliw lang.

Looking back, I think of all my friends, Maan, Karina, and this friend of mine, I've been at the beginning of all their stories. It's nice... seeing how it starts, how it progresses, how it moves to a different zone. The uncertainties. And finally the certainties.

I dunno if I can divulge their identities (You guys read my blog anyway, so let me know if it's ok! Haha!). I just had to share! Angelo was teasing me that I looked like I was drunk when I stepped into our project area. Happy thoughts I guess. :-)

And the long lunch break was something which I didn't realize I miss! It's been over two months maybe since I had a nice lunch out. Free from the worries of work (partially) and just enjoying pleasant conversations with friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home