Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Interesting Conversations

I met up with birthday girl Irene today. She just flew in from Jakarta yesterday. She wanted to eat at a place with no international franchise. So we went to Gram's Diner, inside the ABS-CBN loop. After that, we went to Katipunan and I had coffee at Bo's Cafe ('course we wanted a more Ateneo-feel so we transfered to Katipunan).




Irene gave me sort of a pep talk. Hehe. She reminded me of seizing opportunities. The excitement of pursuing new things. She asked if I could live with not knowing. And I answered, "Actually yes. I'd rather not know and have that sense of 'at least I didn't do anything about it' pampalubag-loob " Is that so weird? She's the opposite. She couldn't live with that thought that she didn't do everything she could.

A few things I've recently discovered about myself. I'm kind of resistant to change. Haha. Just like my good friend, Rni. I'm a friendly gal and I like exploring new things (food, music, etc). When it comes to stepping outside my comfort zone for life altering decisions, I think I'm quite the scardy cat. But as Irene so eloquently said earlier today, "So kelan ka pa magstestep out of your comfort zone?! When you're 45?!" Haha. Deng. The things you have to do when you're 28.

I was telling Irene that I really enjoy our conversations. She has a different take on things and it's nice just discussing stuff with her. Plus the fact that she has a killer sense of humor. I'm praying she gets good news about the London school she applied for a few months back. Good luck, Bau!

Random Thoughts for today...

** The power of prayer. It's been a while since I last prayed the rosary with my parents. I think I've been quite the delinquent Catholic lately. Just before turning MacMac II on some thirty minutes ago, I joined in and it was nice to have some contemplative time. I still have a lot of thoughts swimming in my head (from Irene's pep talk among other things). I need to reconnect. I've been so busy with work and my other activities on the side that I've forgotten to set aside some alone time.

** Win-win situations. I need to constantly remind myself of this, instead of having that one-tracked mindset I had last year. I should've recorded Irene's pep talk. I know them to be true, but I guess I just need someone else to tell me. Sam said I should consider myself lucky.

** Ahhhh.... Relief over finally getting the receipt from Redrum Music. Hoorah! Now I send it over to Rissa for her reimbursement. Busy and tamad are a bad combination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home