Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lopez-Santiago Nuptials

Wedding in the pipeline!

I met up with my grade school friend, Rosan and her fiance Darlo today at Mocha Blends BF (yes, this is the first time I went to Mocha Blends after that fateful incident when MacMac I and I parted ways). Anyway, the two met more than five years ago. Darlo is actually three years younger than Rosan. Rosan's my age, and I've known her for... more than half my life! Since kindergarten maybe... or first grade?? Anyway, I was super happy when I heard the news that they were getting married. Rosan asked for a wedding consultation meeting (naks, kala mo naman kung sinong expert?!), and so they treated me to dinner and we just got to chatting! From 730pm till about 10!

I was pretty touched at Darlo when at one part of our conversation, I was walking them through what the bridal processional at the church will be like. I was describing the moment, when Rosan walks down the aisle, her parents waiting for her midway. His eyes started to get watery! Aww... It was awfully sweet. Darlo's the more emotional one between the two of them. Darlo had a lot of pretty funny questions which earned him the "Are you serious?!" incredulous look from me. Hehe. Like, "Could the ring bearer wear a superman costume?" and "Can the groom wear Crocs?" Haha!

Watching the two of them together makes me smile. In Schmenten's world of couples, their dynamics is close to Mike Pangs and Pia's. They were both awfully makulit. Same outgoing personalities. But I'm sure they have differences which may not be apparent in the surface. I have a feeling this will be one of the more memorable weddings I'll be coordinating. As I said before, a lot of it has something to do with the couple. These two, being the king and queen of Central BBQ Boy Grill, and their togetherness have the makings of a great, fun, and tears-in-my-eye wedding. I'm pretty excited!

Random thoughts for today...

** Work was sort of a drag today. Spent most of my time talking to my "I would've appreciated it" officemate. Haaay. Working with all kinds of people is the spice of work life I guess. Feeling a little uninspired to finish my 2 AOFs. Ugh.

** Sleepy today despite the venti White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks this morning. I bet it's all the sugar in that drink that's making me sleepy rather than perky.

** Spoke to Irene today. She's back in the metro! How long she's going to be in Manila is still TBD. She tells me that she did have a rockin' great birthday weekend.

** Keysi has started blogging again! Haha! I shall add her blog addy to my list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home