Monday, September 24, 2007

Avenue Q!

Thank you Suzie DLR for getting me a ticket to see Avenue Q! Suzie's been raving about this musical ever since she saw it on Broadway. She even included Avenue Q songs on the mixed CD she gave me more than a year ago. Anyway, I enjoyed the show! It's like.... Sesame Street for adults. NOT for kids! Although there are puppets, the content of the songs and the puppet on puppet action clearly say that this show is for a more mature audience. Here's a quick summary of what the play is about...



"AVENUE Q is the story of Princeton, a bright-eyed college grad who comes to New York City with big dreams and a tiny bank account. He soon discovers that the only neighborhood in his price range is Avenue Q; still, the neighbors seem nice. There's Brian the out-of-work comedian and his therapist fianceƩ Christmas Eve; Nicky the good-hearted slacker and his roommate Rod -- a Republican investment banker who seems to have some sort of secret; an Internet addict called Trekkie Monster; and a very cute kindergarten teaching assistant named Kate. And would you believe the building's superintendent is Gary Coleman?!? (Yes, that Gary Coleman.) Together, Princeton and his newfound friends struggle to find jobs, dates, and their
ever-elusive purpose in life." -- Source: http://www.avenueq.com/about.html

The cast was really good! I've never been a fan of Rachel Alejandro, but she was pretty great as Kate Monster and Lucy the Slut. Hehe. The guy who played Brian, Rycharde Everley, looked very familiar. Alas. I think he's the Aussie guy in "Ang Cute ng Ina Mo". Hehe. Aiza Seguerra, oh so talented Eat Bulaga alum, is Gary Coleman. Felix Rivera (Princeton / Rod) and
Joel Trinidad (Nicky / Trekkie Monster) also voiced two characters each, which is pretty tough!



Random thoughts post-Avenue Q...

** I too ask about my Purpose. Hehe. Still pretty hazy at 27... Ok fine at 28.

** I was half-kidding Suzie when I told her, where I am right now, I think I'm somewhere between Kate Monster and Nicky. Mwahaha. Oh well. At the end of the day, I think I'm more of a Princeton, still figuring out what to do with his life.

** I like the last song, "For Now". Here's a snippet...

Don't stress,
Relax,
Let life roll off your backs
Except for death and paying taxes,
Everything in life is only for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home