Sunday, May 07, 2006

Saturday's alright

My blogging energies have been focused on our family newsletter-ish blogspot! Tanquilut Family Chronicles! It's pretty awesome because Tita Cion called today (Mom's beeday) and she told us that they've seen our Bohol pictures! Chris was joking that Tita Myr looked like Madonna in her "mapang-akit" shots! Haha! Like a virgin, he said. So so so funny! I've been spreading the word about this blogsite. I wonder how to put a counter on the site so I could keep track of the traffic.

Today, I spent the entire afternoon (from noon till 6PM!) with Marchae and Nica. Too bad I forgot to bring my camera to capture our adventures for the day. Shoe shopping at Step Rite (dang! The smallest size for 'em nice white shoes was 6!), lunch at Conti's (The chicken ala kiev just brought me to heaven!), and gallavanting in ATC. I had a blast playing the percussion arcade game! Made me want to be a drummer (Pulling my Watts-dreams from the crypt).

The early evening was marked with a lot of cheesecake making! We made two mango cheesecakes for mama's beeday celeb. And then we experimented with a coffee cookies and cream cheese cake. It's keeping cool in the cooler of the ref as I type. Taste testing scheduled tomorrow.

Mama's party and our first Saturday prayer meeting have been well documented in the Tanquilut Family Chronicles website. Details are all there. I was pretty happy that Tita Lydia and Karina made it!


Rounds of introduction of course, and a lot lot lot lot of funny double-meaning, double-edged back and forth exchanges between my mom and Tita Lyds. Haha! I think they will be meeting very very soon. I didn't see Karina this week prior to today. So we'll make up for lost time next week hopefully.

Ok... so things to do tomorrow... Ask Mikey about his shirt size for the vintage Pinoy shirts he wants... And hear mass of course.

Random thoughts for the day... Prejudices are prevalent regardless of class or social standing. I've been hearing so many prejudicial remarks made about people who have been financially blessed. Some people think that if you're rich you're automatically unhappy and never fulfilled nor satisfied. I think there are a lot of people who are unhappy and unfilfilled, rich and poor alike. Oh well... I dunno where exactly these thoughts are leading to. But anyway, that's why they're called random. Hehe.

The shower beckons. :-D Gnyt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home