Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lovewrecked & Jonathan Bennet Smitten


This week's movie feature was a comedy starring Amanda Bynes. Here's a synopsis from the Rotten tomatoes site : Lovewrecked tells the story of Jenny (Amanda Bynes), an eighteen year-old girl who is ecstatic when she finds that her favorite rock star, Jason (Chris Carmack), is a guest at the tropical resort where she is working for the summer. When Jason falls off a cruise ship, Jenny dives in to save him, and the two raft their way onto a nearby "desert island" -- actually just a stone's throw from a luxury resort. However, Jenny wants to spend some time alone with Jason, so she lets him continue to believe that they are desperate castaways-- at least for now. Things get even more complicated when Jenny’s rival Alexis (Jamie-Lynn DiScala) pretends to be shipwrecked too, and they both compete for Jason’s affections. When Jenny's plan blows up in her face, her lifelong friend Ryan (Jonathan Bennett) is there to pick up the pieces.… --

The star is Amanda Bynes of course. Cast was good. Amanda is well-known for her comedic talent. She may be in the Lindsay Lohan / Hilary Duff category some two or three years ago. Chris Carmack, Luke from the O.C. and former AF model, was good as the egotistical rockstar. Best of all.... Jonathan Bennet, who we all fell in love with before in "Mean Girls", is the guy best friend. Karina, who I saw the movie with, noticed that everytime best friend Ryan came onto the screen, I would say, "Shet ang gwapo nya." Hehehe! Very keen observation. This guy should get make more movies!!

Ok. Back to "Lovewrecked". Story was pretty predictable. Everyone knows she'll end up with her guy best friend (which is why "My Best Friend's Wedding" is such a classic because it made a point about not letting the moment just pass you by). The script could have been done better. Kathy Griffin's role could have been cut out of the movie entirely! I wish her character was given more depth and exposure. She's a funny lady. Cast was good. Waaaay better than their dialogue. Umph! I wish they had a nicer ending.

Random thoughts for the day...

Twas my last day in the 38th floor at UBP. I was kinda sad because I realized a few days ago how good it is in the home base. My project mates were sooooo sweet! They surprised me with a bouquet of flowers and a really funny caricature!!! I've known these guys for about four months now, and I was just really touched that they went into all the trouble to surprise me like that. Awww.... I will miss the MTS bunch. Waaaaaaah!!!

I wonder what the next few months have in store for moi. Monday will probably give me a better idea.

Note to self : Make interim goals. Spend at least 8 hours a week at K. To get my money's worth! Haha! And to better discipline myself at reviewing.

Now for the weekend....

My To dos...

(1) Go to Nica's birthday party (Have her gift wrapped first!)
(2) Spend some time at K (And organize my stuff!)
(3) Have heels of my office shoes repaired
(4) Hear anticipated mass with Karina
(5) Hang out at Figgy's house

Mwahahhaha! Let's see tomorrow how far I go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home