Monday, August 07, 2006

Week One in Sydney

Today marks our official first week here in Sydney! I can't believe it's been seven days! Surprisingly, it seems a whole lot longer! I think that's a good thing. :) We actually have "extension! extension!" in our heads. As I said, it's been good so far. Although I was super tempted to doze off several times this afternoon.

My first weekend in Sydney, we went to some of the well-known landmarks...



The Sydney Opera House is really something! When I saw it, I think I said to myself, "Totoo na talaga to! I'm in Sydney!" I think I was in denial the first few days. But seeing the Opera House really did it for me. This is me with my gleaming red Korean hair! Haha!



This is a picture of the Circular Quay sign. Saturday was a nice clear day and we're happy the weather was in the mood. It was raining the night before.



Saturday evening, we went to this bar close to Pitt Street. Saturday evenings not spent out is such a waste! So we were insistent in our Saturday gimik! I had a glass of red wine and a cosmopolitan! Love that red wine buzz!



I tried on Arcy's winter gear! All courtesy of the MTS family!



Sunday, we had a lunch salo-salo at Jessica and Tammy's apartment (A Tenten 15-minute walk from the office! Haha!). Contribution namin ni Mike ay yung liempo. Which we grilled ourselves of course!



Everyone was happy with the food! Pinoy cuisins syempre! We had Kare-Kare, Adobo, Sinigang... Yummeee!



Here's my seatmate and "soulmate"! Angelo! He's also Ate Gret's barkada from ASTI and he's the funniest guy in the bunch! He can do Jimmy Santos and the sound the pedestrian crossing makes!



After the lunch thing, Mike and I went to Luna Park to check out the carnival scene. We then took the Ferry from Milson's Point to Darling(ton) Harbour.



There was a boat show in Darling Harbour and we walked around to check out the
restaurants. The boat show was visible from the dock, so we happily looked at the yachts and wished we could actually buy one for ourselves (and Mike's Mom!).



We finished the evening with dinner at this resto which fit our budget (cheapskates that we are). I had lamb cutlets with mashed potatoes and peas (give peas a chance!). Mike had fish. So ayan... obvious naman na happy kami at di knock-our-socks-off expensive yung place. And nakapagred wine pa ako!



When I got home, I called sina Mama and Karina! It's so nice to hear a familiar voice over the phone. 40 minutes for 10 AUD! Mama told me about this wedding prospect on October 11. I'm like... "Umm... pass muna?"

So anyway, more sights to see in the next coming weeks! We plan to go to Bondi beach on Saturday. No swimming though!

Sarap ng dinner tonight!! I think we outdid ourselves! We made pesto with philly cream cheese and chicken fillet... Syet... sobrang busog pa rin ako... *burp*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home