Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Second Sydney Weekend

Finally! A chance to update my blog! Tis a Tuesday evening and I'm still in the office. The 56kpbs connection at home isn't really all that suitable for blogging, so might as well stay an extra 30 minutes to blog. Hehe.

Last weekend was our second Sydney weekend. Friday evening, we had dinner at a Japanese resto (Sakae, along Liverpool). Surprise, surprise at Katsudon ang order namin! Pero we had a platter of sushi rin. And surprise surprise naiwan yung ibang japanese rice ng sushi sa sobrang busog na namin. Here's me (I've been mistaken to be Indonesian, Thai, and American!) and Mike (doing his usual crazy pose).





We met up with the others in our favorite bar (Edinburgh Castlereagh Hotel I think it's called). Here's Junel, Val, and Tom. Despite my having a glass of red wine, a Cosmopolitan, and this other drink whose name I cannot remember, I was able to walk back to Pitt street and partially iron my capri pants/shorts with a little help from the Ironing Master. :)



Saturday morning, we took the ferry (Wharf 2) from Circular Quay to go to Taronga Zoo. The view from the Ferry is pretty awesome. Here's the Sydney Opera House on a clear Saturday morning.



We arrived at Taronga Zoo a little past ten I think. There were a lot of kids, students, and tourists! We rode the cable car up to the main entrance of the Zoo.



I won't be posting all the pictures I took of all the animals... Mejo marami kasi! Here are some of my favorites though...

Zebras for Keysi (and Ezil)!


These giraffes were not camera shy at all!


Rhino nga ba?? Hehe!


Timon (from the Lion King) in the flesh!


Tiger in Slumber


Finally a Kangaroo (who aint sleeping)!


Finally a Koala (who aint hiding)!


We also enjoyed the Seal Show. Here we are waiting for the show to start (pero nagugutom na!). We also started eyeing the burgers some of the other people were eating. *Grumble*Grumble*. The show itself was really amusing! The seals were pretty smart.





This is me, a little beat from all the walking. We ate some Chicken Tenders on one of the picnic tables. We also heard this one lady who was fighting with her daughter I think. Scary stuff!



Sunday naman, we had brunch, heard mass, and went to the market and bought our weekly rations (na ngayon eh ubos na!). We had lunch (pininyahang manok!) at Glen St. Back at Pitt, I met up with Arcy and Nieva. We went to Paddy's Market for a little shopping time. I finally bought something I really like! Here's Nieva and Arcy taking a coffee break. Gloria Jeans ice blended drinks all around ('cept for me coz I was flat broke!).



Here's me trying a new look. This is me, Lisa Loeb style, but blind as a bat!



We went back to the girls' apartment and I made "pininyahang manok" again! This time with evaporated milk! It was super yummy (if I do say so myself!). Haha!



It was a good, yet tiring weekend. I think I only felt the fatigue Sunday evening... when I was dragging my feet up to the Town Hall station. Hehe.

Next on the agenda... Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley. Sana matuloy lahat (and sana di kami masyadong mapagod at bawal magkasakit dito!).

Workwise, most of my real KT stuff started this week. I had my first KT Session yesterday, and it felt awesome to take down notes and finally ask questions about the documentation I've read for the past two weeks. The peeps inside the training room where we're at have been more than entertaining!

More pictures to be posted soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home