Wednesday, September 27, 2006

14 Hour Work Day

I was in the office for fourteen hours! Very reminiscent of my Dow days. Testing intesive days. I am without teammates for the past three days and well... the detailed designs are just piling up and I still have to finish my deliverable. Ugh.

I did realize today that I am simply adjusting to the new work hours. And I confirmed that I am not a morning person. Haha. I work better in the afternoons I think. My brain is more alive during the hours of 4pm-8pm. I've been that way for five years, so it will take a lot of undoing.

Project updates... we are officially shifting to Aussie business hours and holidays! So good bye Mandaluyong Day, EDSA Revolution Day... and all those wonderful Philippine Holidays.

Speaking of Holidays.... I am pretty excited about the upcoming Christmas season. I always am, I think. I love the hustle and bustle all the Christmas rush. Buying gifts for peeps. And finding out later how much they loved and appreciated it. Seeing all the people you usually see once a year. And the bazaars! I was in a not-so-great mood the week before and iTunes randomly played "Maybe this Christmas" from the O.C. I remember how much Marchae and I love this song (how we discreetly shed a tear after listening to the song for the first time).

Then again, I recall my conversation with Karina and Maan a few holidays ago. Although Christmas is such a happy time, there's also a sadness to it. Maybe it's because we've had more memorable and exciting Christmases when we were little. When a simple Barbie doll brought so much joy. When picking out an outfit to be worn to the annual family party was the most important holiday decision. Hehe. I guess being older means having the responsibility of bringing joy to those who easily appreciate the smaller things.

Speaking of older... I'm turning 27 in two months... wait... in a little over a month. Crap. Hehe. Hmm... now... how to celebrate?

1 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger rotsss said...

celebrating your birthday by...buying another gucci bag? HAHAHA. B.I.

hay. whatever it is i'm sure it'll be loads of fun...lalo na you're with your friends and family (naks drama), a helluvalot better than turning 25 at lucky plaza. gah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home