Monday, February 26, 2007

[Movie Schmovie] The Number 23


The Number 23. In a nutshell... Paranoia. This movie deceives the viewer into thinking that it's just about paranoia. Virgina Madsen's character said it right that we are willing the number 23 to appear, which is why everything seems to equate to it. If you're looking for it, it will find you. Something like, "Seek and ye shall find." At the very end, when the truth was unveiled, I was like, "Ooookay.... Kinda thought for a moment there he had rabies." I didn't like the final turn out, I guess.Towards the middle, I was thinking to myself, "This movie is taking itself too seriously." It lacked that "buy in", convincing factor for the suspension of belief.

Jim Carrey was... Ok. He had that sarcastic humor going. And he was trying to be the brooding lead. Dramatically, I still like him best in "Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind" (surprise, surprise).

There were scary, surprising moments. But in the end, all the paranoia seems ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home