Sunday, March 18, 2007

(Friday) Night at the Office

(I wrote this one early Saturday evening)

Wow. It's almost 3AM and I am still in the office. They turned the airconditioning off a few hours ago and I am feeling the oil from all the pizza I ate on my face. Haha. Some of us stayed in late because of a couple of implementations. I stayed as the UAT shake out tester. I officially finished my tasks about twenty minutes ago. I've been chatting with Ate Mylene, Jozie, and Daisy. Keysi is still in the office, and we're trying to figure out if we have time to eat at Old Swiss Inn a little past three. She's still working on her status report, but she's still not sure when she'll finish. *Sigh* I can feel the fatigue.

These guys still in the office actually do this much O.T. on a regular basis. I don't mind staying in late because i don't need to do it often. I don't know how the others do it and still manage to come to the office. It's close to amazing. I think I've had my share of regular super late nights and that just drained everything out of me. I now appreciate all the days when I can leave the office when the sun is still up, be in bed before Pinoy Big Brother, and sleep right before the show ends.

I can only imagine what goes on inside their heads, "why the hell am I doing this to myself?" Hehe. Say hello to these hardworking office peeps...


Manny Villar and Ricky "Nahulog Me" Rivor


The very hardworking ESS Lead


If you look up close, Mike's eyes were pretty bloodshot. Sleepy na kasi.


Jessica, the Siebel Princess


Ume-extra na Testing Person. Daks Me.

This week has seen a lot of career development action for me. Changes in the near future, I see (so very Yoda-esque to say). Dan has asked me a lot of very good questions. Questions which I think I have not been able to convincingly answer myself. Haha. Why do I want to do what I want to do? Opportunity, I say. And as my wise friends Irene and Sam have so eloquently put it, "there's so much more out there." I have been grateful for my experience here though.

Haaay... I don't want to leave my project as of yet. People here are great and super fun. Work load's just right (for me and my team). I can do a mix of my MTS stuff. I dunno... :) But I have faith that the tides will take me to where I ought to be. At least Dan and Chad know what I want and what i don't want.

I guess a lot of my reservations lie on the possibilities here in Manila, where the tides will take me. Then there's the need to take charge of my life and do what I want to do. Maybe my confusion lies in the fact that I haven't fully made up my mind about what I want. I think there are certain things that I want, which more recently, as revealed by the universe, may not be what's right for me at this time. I want it, but I guess there's only so much I can do to make it happen.

Okie.. so last week it was the MSG talking. I think this week, it's the ghastly hour (ten to three a.m.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home