Thursday, March 08, 2007

IWD at Makati Shang

Celebrate. Inspire. Empower. Naks... Big words for our IWD event!! I was at the Makati Shang a little past six a.m. Make up was first on the list, and it was quite a treat to be in the same powder room as some of the senior execs. The hair guy blow dried my hair and the make up artist, Mr. Jerome, did quite a good job!

Anyway, the program started a little past nine. I made a new friend in Dinday! I see her around the office a lot before, but I met her for the very first time today. We chatted a lot about what it's like working in the company for some six years now.

I enjoyed the panel discussion with all these great women: Katrina Legarda, Alya Honasan, Lucci Cruz Valdez, Chit Juan, Nieves Confesor... Wow... Such accomplished women! I particularly enjoyed Chit Juan's presentation. It was pretty insightful (about how women are naturally nurturing or can do multi-tasking). She's the CEO of Figaro. Katrina Legarda's pretty scary. Haha. I can imagine why some men might be intimidated by her.



Here are the peeps from my table. I know Norie from a testing training course I took last year. They asked the attendees of the IWD event to come in business attire! It was actually a nice change to see the ladies dressed up.



Now, this is the only picture I have of myself (taken by my camera) in the event. Check out the weird light which reflected on my face! Haha! I look like someone who has waaaay too much powder. Reflection lang yun ah!!



The panel discussion itself was ok. I got to speak up twice. The questions asked were not as fun as I had hoped. Haha. I shared something about "trying to disprove the stereotypes of women" and how balancing work and personal life is a success factor for me, personally. I was hoping they'd ask more interesting questions like... Is it true if you stay in the firm, you'll end up a driven workaholic who's perenially single. Haha. I had a few thoughts about that!

Anyway, I couldn't resist not taking a picture of myself after the event, in the confines of my car. Rare are these occasions where I have make-up on. I think the last time I went to the parlor to be made up was December 2005 (Cathy's wedding).



It was nice driving along SLEX with the sun still up.

Take away points of the day... Hmm... Success is relative. Be who you are. Everything's a choice.

Take away goodies of the day... This cute pink and orange clutch bag, a bracelet, moisturizing creme... and!! As luck would have it, a 1000 GC from Tony and Guy! I won the raffle! Haha! So time to get some parlor action! What a nice way to end this women's day!

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger gwenny14 said...

tenten! you so pretty and fabulous female! :)

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger stav said...

fabulous! =) how nice naan accenture has these events =)

and please show pictures of the freebies - i love freebies - pam-pa shopping high lang :-D he he

 

Post a Comment

<< Home