Monday, March 12, 2007

[Movie Schmovie] 300

A visual treat! I was pretty excited to see this movie, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the 12MN screening was full! Most of the peeps in the audience had their trusty tall cafe lattes to keep them up. The cinematography is nothing short of stunning. Wow. I do know they did most of the stuff CG. Although there was a lot of bloody, violent scenes, I didn't feel disgusted. It felt beautiful and artistic. Haha. Yes. Even the beheadings. Gerard Butler has a very king-ly presence. It was a treat to see so many guys with six-pack abs! Haha! Story-wise, it wasn't as engaging as Gladiator. I was most surprised with Rodrigo Santoro (Yummy surfer dude from Charlie's Angels II, and yummy office mate who Laura Linney was crushing on in Love Actually). Giant bakla! Haha! But he was good as the Persian King/God. I think guys will generally like this movie. Lotsa testosterone going around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home