Monday, March 12, 2007

Interesting Saturday...

I had a pretty interesting Saturday... I was on the go a little after eleven to bring Tita Mila's letter of invitation to the travel agency in Makati. I had forgotten to drop it off Friday night. After that, I went straight to Las Pinas. Ate Abi and I are part of Kuya Lan and Monina's wedding entourage. We had our fitting at the shop just across the Nature Church. After having a quick lunch at Almanza, I dropped Ate Abi off and went to Rockwell where I met up with Grozie. I met a few new peeps (Dustin, Dom, and Joey). We had dinner at Kulinarya where Jozie of course, had to have a Jozie moment. Haha.

I then went to Greenbelt and briefly chatted with Karina, irving, Anna and Bene at Bubba Gump. Interesting how Bene said that I knew a lot about relationships. the wisdom you inherit from the experiences of your friends. Keysi went to Bubba gump and then I accompanied her to Rockefeller where she had a very late dinner. We saw the 12MN show of 300 (which I will most definitely blog about in a while)





I was at home a little past three and the Cafe Americano I had in Segafredo kept me up for another thirty minutes. I had contemplated about blogging at 4AM but I figured Im better off lying down and resting

My random thoughts from saturday...

** Having a connection with someone is a pretty rare thing. For me that is. It's not exactly a physical thing (I can hear Paolo and Suzie scoffing right now). Sometimes, it isn't instant. But I think for me, I sort of know at the very beginning. Even for those guys who I become friends with first, before taking that deadly non-platonic plunge. And it isn't something which you plan for. I think the common denominator for me is an engaging conversation.

** The wisdom of friends go a long way. I think I owe a lot of my relationship/love wisdom to my girl friends, who had made me a part of their lives. Sometimes, listening to their woes makes me feel relieved that I'm single. But most of the time, seeing them share that Kodak moment look with their special someones, makes me happy to know that it is possible to find someone who complements you and wants to make you happy. Ok fine. Sometimes, I feel a twinge of envy. But more happy for them than envious. Haha.

** The pervasive topics of conversations last Saturday (across all the groups I hung out with), were relationships and dating. Dustin was saying something about girls who play games. Who make pakipot. Dom and Dustin I met just last Saturday, and it was pretty interesting to see them nod whilst I explain what I knew about dating, about guys and girls. About long distance relationships, about the consistency of actions, about how something can mean nothing. And how nothing can mean everything. Bene was sharing something about girls and being mature. It's pretty interesting to see guys who hook up with older girls. Most of my cousins have ended up with guys who are younger ( a majority of them!) But I think I'm setting the age bar to two years. Anyone younger than Rommel is just too young! I know I'm pretty in tune with my maternal instincts (and I do like taking care of someome). but please. No baby sitting! Anyway, different points of view. It's always interesting to hear what guys have to say. And how girls take something to mean differently. But at the end of the day, there aren't any hard fast rules (just like what Alex Hitch said).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home