Saturday, March 10, 2007

MSG Talking

I found this nice blog. Being the 80s freak that I am, I found myself smiling at most of the entries in Nostalgia Manila.

http://nostalgiamanila.blogspot.com

Brings me back to those days when my "designer" pieces included this Twice as Nice yellow and green top, acid wash USED demin miniskirt, and a navy blue Esprit hoodie. Hehe.

This has inspired me to look for my most baduy picture from the years of nostalgia. Hmm... I could do the same for our family blogger!

Today was an ok day. I had to weave through close to a hundred new emails. I was gone for a day, but so much happened in my absence. I did however, manage to squeeze in a lunch out with Aileen. She's leaving in two weeks (I'm of course very happy for her! She's been waiting to catch a break for the longest time). We drove to Powerplant mall, which I realized is not that far from Cybergate! Ten minutes going to Plant, and another Ten (via J.P. Rizal) going back. We were supposed to buy ice cream at FIC when of course, I just had to visit Zara. Aileen and I miss those days when we'd have breakfast every Friday. I would come in the office early because of color coding, and Aileen is always early. We sampled the breakfast goodies close to the office... Yumyum Tree, Cabalen, M Cafe, Italianni's, Max Brenner, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Dulcinea, Pancake House... Haha. Lamon fest!

Random thoughts for the day...

Yas and I had this really nice talk while eating our instant cup noodles (talk about a pathetic excuse for Friday dinner!). I was telling her that I used to think of finding someone who was exactly like me, but I've realized it's actually finding someone who complements me (complementing each other). I met the male version of Schmenten back in college. It sounded like a nice, romantic idea then, but we never really clicked.

In the end, I don't think it's about finding that someone who meets all your non-negotiables and is everything you ever wanted. They never are.I guess perhaps, what you might want changes over time. It's about finding that someone who you'll have a certain, comfortable dynamic with.

I think I'm ranting now. Haha. Must be the MSG from that cup-o-noodles.

1 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Nostalgia Manila said...

Hello TenTen,

If you do find a few cool '80s photos of yourself, I'd like to invite you to have your blog featured in our weekly favorite called Nostalgia Bloggista. It's a great way for our readers to get to know your blog, and bring traffic over to your side from our end.

If you're interested in being featured, simply send an email to: nostalgiamanilamail@yahoo.com, type: Nostalgia Bloggista in the subject line, and we'll send you the details.

Thanks so much for visiting, and do continue to spread Nostalgia Fever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home