Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend of Slumber (and lamon)

Friday night was one of the more tiring nights in recent Schmenten history. I was in the office till 3AM. Some of my other officemates were still there when I left. Keysi and I, being the vampiric career-driven girls that we are, met at 330am and had dinner/midnight snack/breakfast at Old Swiss Inn. Our conversation mostly orbited around the planet of work. I was home at 530am. And I was just beat.

I got up at 1130am Saturday, pleasantly surprised to find my aunts milling around the bed with the very adorable Fonzie! I had lunch with them and lo and behold, was back in bed an hour after having lunch. I slept until 6PM! Haha! I heard the 7PM mass at San Antonio De Padua. I kind of miss hearing mass alone, as weird as that sounds. I've had the best meditations and contemplative moments when I hear mass alone. Anyway... I kind of felt the need to go out. It was a Saturday evening, and although lying in bed and watching Pinoy Big Brother sounded very tempting, I texted Macky and Karina. I picked up Karina from Prince Tower and we met up with Macky at Greenbelt. We had drinks and dessert at People's Palace (which is without a doubt, the best Thai restaurant in Manila for me). I ordered the Mango Cheesecake and it was yummy...



There was an interesting couple in the nearby table. The guy seemed to be very emotional, and he was crying, I think. The girl he was with, was reassuring him and just hugging him. The three of us grew very curious of this guy's story. But of course, we ended up talking about Macky's crushies from college and some horrible stories about the guys he despised. Haha.

Sunday saw more sleeping for me. Sarap lang to sleep. The family went out to have dinner at one of our favorite restos in ATC, Omakase. It's this quaint Japanese restaurant inside Casa Susana. We later had dessert (chocolate fondue) at Swiss Inn. Yummy! Below Swiss Inn was the BMW store, and Papa told me to take a picture of him with the car. Haha. Bagay na bagay, we told him.



All in all, twas quite the restful weekend. Gave me time to digest all the career stuff that took place this week. Gave me time to catch up on PBB too! Tonight's episode was pretty interesting! I discovered tonight, through SMS exchanges with Yssang, that she and I shared the same affection for Mickey. He is super adorable. Haha. I hope he wins. Winner moment of tonight was when Kuya's huge red phone broke when Toni put the phone back on the receiver. Haha. Classic. Love live TV!

*****
Random Thoughts...

The future is simply unpredictable. You make plans, work towards them best that you can. And then the universe throws you a curve ball, perhaps challenging how much you want those plans to happen, or maybe offering you a better alternative. Last year, I made plans, and well... here I am. I have to say though, that I have no regrets about how things did turn out. A little better than I expected. A lot of tough days when I had to battle with my very expectant self. But time just has a way of making you understand and perhaps accept certain realities.

I have to say that I'm pretty scared of what's ahead. So many possibilities. Some of them beyond my control. But I do know that whatever comes my way, it'll be something I can handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home