Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Very Long Saturday

Friday night stretched to early Saturday morning for me. I was having a jolly time chatting with Ate Gret and Ate Mylene. All three of us were in different time zones. How cool is that? Anyway, I woke up Saturday morning (not 8 hours of sleep) at the sound of Mama's voice asking me if I was busy today. I've been a tad bit delinquent with the preps for Lola's 85th birthday. Work has consumed so much of my time lately, and going out with friends and sometimes just lazing around resting have been logical and seemingly deserving breaks.

I ended up just resting a little in the afternoon. I headed out to visit Ate Lovely at the hospital sometime 5pm. She just had her hysterectomy. The girls and Bettina (Ate Love's best friend) were there, and I brought Red Ribbon empanada (Ate Love's request). Garsh. It's quite harder to be a woman. Having a uterus and all. She's doing ok, by the way! She will be returning home this Tuesdsay. She asked if I could bring Camille home. Of course, kelan naman ba ako humindi sa kanila? Hehe.



Camille, Yaya Ester and I passed by South Supermarket first before going back to their Casa Marias home. I had to buy the Focus weekend implementers their snacks for the evening.

After dropping Camille and Ester off, I swung by the office to say hello to the implementers and to give them their food. They were having this Siebel issue (which later turned out to be a non-issue) just before I left. 15 minutes later, I was parking at Robinson's Galleria. I felt ashamed for being monumentally late! Give me a big scarlet letter ("L") for being an hour and a half late for my ERP5 dinner/movie. Marchae and Nica already left when I arrived. So it was just us four girls. Haha. They went to Pancake House with me, and I had the Spanish Omelette for dinner.

I'm so proud of my girl Aileen! She now drives! Woohoo! Although she did candidly share that on her way to Galleria, she missed the turn and was going over the Ortigas bridge and to Corinthian's. Haha.




Aileen couldn't join us for our movie, so it was just Rachelle, Mark, and me. We saw "The Simspons" (movie review later). Love Spider Pig! Hehe.



After the movie, I asked the girls if they wanted to have some coffee. We went to Bo's Coffee in Katipunan where we dished out great upcoming movies and the last Harry Potter. Mark was reeling with laughter recalling some of the scenes from Blades of Glory, which I've been waiting for. I think it may not be released here in Manila.

The girls took a cab home and I went back to Cybergate to show support to the weekend Implementers. The semaphore issue still remains for the new domans (mwo-mwo-mwo-mwo... to the non-techies). Chad, Angelo and I drew out the plans for the next two weeks and it's looking bloody. I went home at 430, feeling dead beat. I could only imagine what the others must feel. Alex's been in the office since Saturday morning and he needs to stick around till Sunday. Wow. Again, another miracle that I got home safely at 5.

You know how it feels when you feel you're dead tired, you know you need to rest, yet your body still in working mode. Hasn't shut down completely. I woke up at 10 today. Feeling restless still, and trying to figure out how I can be productive this Sunday. I knew deep down I needed to rest. So I lulled myself to sleep by reading two chapters of "Pride and Prejudice". Worked like a charm. Camille's phone call broke into my slumber. I had a good two hours of nap time, so I felt a little refreshed after.

Haaaaay. What a long, long weekend. And it seems it's going to be a long two weeks as well. How I wish to be somewhere else... Gallavanting the busy streets of another country, lining up for my Lion King $150 seats. Haha. You who you are!! And we are dead envious!

3 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger grouchy angel said...

just a few more long saturdays until october 2010. :)

baka blades of glory yong kinekwento sayo hehe... if pareho kami ng alam, nakakatawa nga sya hahaha.....

i wanna sleep pero nagbabasa parin ako ng blog ng kung sino sino. kasi i know tomorrow will be another long monday (and a few more until October 2010)

go 10/10 *tenten*

=)

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Tenten said...

Haha! Blades of Glory nga yun! Sa antok ko eh di ko nareview yung post ko prior to publishing it.

Leswe 2010?! I don't think so!! Ipapamana na natin sa iba itong proyektong ito.

Pahinga ka lang din dapat this weekend. Migration and Svoc will be hitting an all time high! Wooohoo! Ano na kaya ang mangyayari kay Robo? Haha!

Go Yasser!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Mike said...

What? Anong Migration and SVOC hitting an all time high?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home