Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Back in the Bazaar Scene

I was the princess of bazaars for six years (1999-2004). Cuenca Community Hall in AAV was my kingdom. I sold bags, fruit vinegar, shirts, toys, watches... After the bazaar weekend, I'd be exhausted, yet happy for the little profit I made.

Anyway, this year, I am back in the bazaar scene. Ate Love asked me to sell her stuff at the Makati Sports Club. Out of boredom, I got my laptop and started blogging away. There weren't a lot of customers to entertain anyway. I still have the selling mojo in me though.

Unlike the bazaar scene a few years back, there is a plethora of bazaars all over the metro. This weekend coincides with the St. James Bazaar, unofficially the largest bazaar in the south. Unlike Cuenca (where we end up sweaty and dirty), the Ayala Hall of the Makati Sports club was cool and dry. Rather nice, but the lack of a shopping hungry crowd makes me want to pack everything up and take a nap instead.

I look over to my left. My neighbors are selling these cute "Little Miss Blue Eagle/Paulinian/Archer" shirts. There's two of them, and the other one just dozed off. I look over to my right. I overheard the group of girls talking to one of the onlookers, saying the bags they were selling are part of their college thesis.

Karina's notepads are the best sellers for today. Sold about 10 sets of three. Not bad at all. It's difficult to sell luxury items at a bazaar where shoppers are looking to get a good deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home