Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Backlog Blog: Nov 27: Getting Things Done

I'm quite happy to see that I am down to last few pages of my pink MiguelRuis notebook. I had purchased it earlier this year in Singapore. Now I wish I had gotten two, instead of one. I've been diligently listing my to dos for the day. I feel quite happy when I check off items on the list. Most of the time, I just tell myself to get the task over and done with. Putting it off just makes it stay longer on my list.

So I'm pretty glad when I get something done. Gives me a sense of accomplishment. There are several personal to dos though which I haven't been able to do. Like call Northwest so I could claim my KLM miles. Or sort all my wedding files. Or go brisk walking regularly. The alone time I've had here in the condo has made me realize what a procrastinator I tend to be when I'm left defenseless in front of cable TV, or when I'm a slave to the internet.

These past few weeks have been pretty good. I guess missing my family helps. The occasional meet-ups with Karina most certainly uplifts my spirits (we end up laughing about stuff anyway). And well, I guess I'm just more comfortable with myself and what I'm doing. Letting things run its course.

Tomorrow's wedding will be my... fourth for the year! There's Lea's, Jan Sy's, Yas's, and tomorrow, it's Ruffy's. This December, I've been invited to Mel's wedding, so I'm pretty psyched. I've an excuse to dress up again.

Speaking of dresses... Although I've vowed NOT to shop anymore, I can't seem to help myself. I'm running wild again with the shopping. Jeepers. And I haven't gone to the Cuenca Bazaar yet. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home