Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Workstations et al

I've been workstation less for the past two days!! I just rolled in my new project and well, I've experienced first hand what a lot of new roll-ins go through during their first few days... being workstation-less, phone-less. Darn! In an IT company, you need both to do what you have to do and to keep you sane. I've been marveling at the magnificent view of the Pasig River (complete with barges and floating greens) and a promising construction site. My new cube has got me thinkng about isolation. I'm a very gotta-chat-with-my-seatmate kind of girl, and well. My seatmate for the time being is a post. Hehe! There wasn't exactly a welcoming committee either. It seems everyone's engrossed in their own little worlds and circles. I miss the small family feel of MTS home base. Pooo.... Where everybody knows your name (to the tune of the theme of Cheers)... well... most of the time.

Garsh. Not being connected to my email has been a pain! I've been squatting and using other people's workstations. Mejo nakakahiya! Pero well... a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I think there is a gazillion things I have to do tomorrow and Thursday. When I return to Cybergate on Friday though, I will be workstation-less no more. Mr. Technician fixed our accounts and we are good to go. Alas!! It took only two full days! Har har har!

Tomorrow I return to MTS home base. Target time of arrival in UBP... before 7 AM! Breakfast at McDonald's?? Not very Audrey Hepburn-ish, but sounds rather tempting...

Oooh... forgot to mention that the organizers of the Dow party went out for lunch on Monday (my first Cybergate day). It was fun! Pesem and Giff were a hoot.

Surfing the crimson wave has given me quite a lot of discomfort! I wish it was over soon!

I saw Roch's blog entry and I think I would like create an entry similar to it.... Hmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home