Sunday, October 01, 2006

No Electricity and No Water

Saturday evening...

I am typing this while the generator is humming nosily in the background. Yes. Electricity was restored in some parts of Sucat. Of course, our lonesome village still is power-less because of the lamp post which was damaged by Milyeno. Apparently, the folks from Meralco have other high priority fixes. Not that I'm complaining. I know they have a lot in their hands. I'm just wishing they visit our area soon.

Today, to answer the call of my feet to leave the house and gallavant, I spent the afternoon out. The Geocaniga family (minus Pops) met up with the Figueroa family (minus Kuya Richie). We all had dessert at Bo's Cafe in Glorietta 4. It was an impromptu thing, and it was super duper fun. Rommel was the star of the afternoon, mimicking how Tonton speaks on the phone with his girlfriend. He had us reeling in laughter. I then visited Marchae in Tomas Morato to talk about our wedding video project for Rachelle. We spent most of our time just catching up. And we were able to squeeze in productive discussions about our video time line. I am soooo looking forward to how the month of October is going to go. It will be Toxic with a capital T. But of course, we gotta squeeze in several relaxing gimiks.

In the evening, I met up with Macky, Mau, and their cousin Jackie at the Powerplant mall. We chatted of course. Macky was entertaining as always. We met up with Karina and Irving briefly and then reconvened at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Tordesillas to discuss Mau's debut.. scheduled on the 22nd of December.

Geez. It seems the end of the year will be a busy busy time for me. Which I actually am looking forward to. It's just that Mr. Kap might have to be left in the sidelines.

I'm still kind of confused with what I want to do in the coming year. I thought I had made up my mind, but now everything is kind of hazy.

It's but normal I guess to change one's mind. I used to think I know exactly what I want to do, but now, I have doubts. It's probably because our project this started up, and the pace of my office life has changed. I do like working and delivering. I did miss that for a couple of months.

More random thoughts...

Christmas is right around the corner and I'm pretty psyched. I think I mentioned this in my previous blog entry. I have to get a head start on my Christmas shopping though. My roster of god kids has grown to about 14 I think.

I'm really liking "Stop this Train" by John Mayer. It's a song about growing old, and sometimes wishing you could just go back to your youth. But then there comes a point or a moment when you're just plain happy to be where you are. In John Mayer's second album, my favorite track is "Clarity" (because don't we all wish we have that all the time). In his first album, I love "St. Patrick's Day". It's just a sweet, laid back song.

I am officially naming Sunday as my rest day. Will try to get some shut-eye in the afternoon. Gotta pay for my Globe bill though. Trip to Tagaytay with the kids has been postponed. The girls just feel like staying home.

********

Sunday,,,

Hoorah! Power was restored mid-afternoon today! Hats off to Meralco! Thank you for working that post and those cables! I did not have the chance to pay for my Globe Bill today. I have christened tomorrow as, "work on test conditions" and "do your errands day". Which means, I have to leave the office at 2pm to catch the BPI office in Makati (where I could pay my AMEX card). Deng...

So what did I do today? The weekend mall tour continued... Tonton, Mark and I went to ATC to see... "First Day High"! Haha! I somehow managed to convince the boys to see the movie with me. They didn't happily oblige, but I think we all enjoyed laughing at Rich Alvarez's attempt to be an actor. Hehe.

Today I think, instead of being rest day, became LAMON day. I think I worked up a good appetite these past few days. We had lunch at Kamayan, merienda in Bizu, then dinner here at home. My oh my.

I'll be posting the lyrics to "Stop this Train" today. It's such a nice nice song.

Poo... Weekend's gone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home