Monday, March 26, 2007

Condo Girls Reunion

Sunday afternoon, Jan, Lery, and I visited April at their new home in Alabang Hills. April is leaving for NZ in less than two weeks, and it was high time we Condo Girls got together!

It was the first time we all got together after almost seven years! Can you believe it?! It was also the first time Jan and I saw April's kids, Kenzo and Sophia. Kenzo was feeling camera shy, hence his absence in this picture. Gosh... April's kids look very Japanese!



The Isla's Zen home shook with our bursts of loud laughs. It was but necessary that we talked about Jan's college crushies. She couldn't believe her bad taste in men back then. Haha! Lery and I brought Baked Salmon and Chicken Croquettes from Conti's. Yummy!



We all did a lot of sharing. Lery shared with us that three of her high school best friends are married or engaged. She needs to be married by next year. We are all rooting for you Lery!



Jan had moments of amnesia about the stuff we reminded her about. Haha. We all teased her about the romantic possibilities April was sure she was not capable of resisting. As for Karma, we're all very sure Jan will end up with a gorgeous guy.



As for moi, April told me that A+B=C. I should be smart enough to figure it out. Haha.



We did about 5 hours of catching up! Jan, Ler, and I just basked under the bright colors of April's love life. So very showbiz, so very dramatic, and at times, so very funny.



We miss Maan! I could probably try and photoshop her in this last picture. She completes the Condo Girls team. Now, April is moving to Auckland. She's been trying to sell New Zealand to me since last Thursday. Hehe.

Ahh... memories of college yet again. I've had a good dose of college reminiscing this week. Best years of my life so far, I say. I don't think it would've been as fun if I went home to Paranaque every day. The condo added so much color to our Ateneo lives. I suddenly remember our usual Saturday ride home. Maan in her green Nissan. We'd drive thru McDonald's for lunch. We all brought most of our shoes home (You'll never know what pair you'll need, so better safe than sorry!).

Lery and I promised to take Jan to Central (she's never been, and we're pretty incredulous because she's from BF!).

We wish April and Archie lotsa luck as they take on this new challenge in their lives. It must be pretty scary to migrate to a different country. But it makes it less scary if you have someone to pursue it with. And if the long term benefits are transparent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home