Friday, August 03, 2007

15 hour work day

Mwahaha. Just when I thought I reached the pinnacle of overtime hours, I outdo myself again.

It's been more than a year since I last had such a long day in the office. The time on Mac Mac II reads 1:14 am. I just got home from the office. The sadder question is, why the hell am I on line when I've been in front of the computer for a duration not healthy to my eyesight? Probably because blogging is my Tenten time. Hehe.

I don't consider myself mataray. In fact, I think I'm one of the nicest persons I know. Mwahaha. But lately, I've been getting these irritating phone calls from so many people who are asking me to do a million things. A millionn things, all high priority. I've been soooo tempted to say, "Ya. Hold on a sec while I get my transmogrifrier so I can duplicate myself." It's hard enough getting almost 200 emails a day. Mix in your phone ringing off the hook, people pushing you to do things, people asking you to push other people to do things (when everyone's already stretched), major issues which never seem to end... All in the name of fun. Hoorah.

I do enjoy the chaos and busy-ness to some extent. I don't really mind doing the follow-ups. Practices my persuasion skills. Everyone's walking on egg shells and really stressed. Can't blame them entirely for being jumpy, or pushy, or sometimes rude. At the end of the day, I just remind myself that it's just work. That they're still people, people who've seen better days or have been in better moods.

Highlight of my week so far is my flat tire yesterday (as ironic as that sounds). I took Mama's car and when I entered Skyway, I noticed the car lost a little of its speed (even though I was still stepping on the accelerator). Then there was that weird sound. so I pulled the car over and cautiously went out (so many scary speeding cars). Viola. There it was. The right back tire, flat. With a gaping hole on the side. Dengit. And so, being the girl that I am (mechanically challenged), I just waited. And started contemplating if I had the guts to change the tire myself. I've seen it done a couple of times. But no. I stayed put, called my Dad. He arrived about 15 minutes later with Tonton. We just exchanged cars and I was on my way to the office (I dropped Tonton off first). Super Dad to the rescue!

My Dad's always been super dependable. He's the first person I call when something happens to me, or when I have big news. We've had our differences in the past (and we still do), but I think we've become closer these past few years. I love him to pieces. My brothers often tease me (and I'm sure they always mean it anyway), that we are very much alike. I can now understand and relate to those who look for guys just like their father. My Dad's been known to be uber serious and strict. But underneath that, he's a softie when it comes to us (the family). He's responsible and God-fearing (Fonzie think he's a priest). A good provider. Smart. Funny at times. Not super funny. But he makes us laugh when we least expect it.



Naks. Father's day ba? Haha.

It's really a great thought, being reminded that there are great people in your life. Who will love you and believe in you. Always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home